Swapping ac_link after LT_INIT
Thomas Jahns
2015-05-11 16:25:39 UTC
Hello,

when using libtool, it figures out most dependent libraries from installed .la
files. So command-lines in Makefiles become nice and short, listing only direct
dependencies. But for autoconf, link tests don't normally use libtool, so if the
libraries are to be tested (and happen to be static, installed in non-standard
places, whatever), various flags need to be passed to configure that later go
unused.

From my point of view, the straight-forward way to proceed would be to redefine
the various ac_link settings of CC/FC/CXX/F77, but it seems (after a cursory
research on the web) no corresponding macro is part of libtool or autoconf.

Since the topic has already been discussed here[1], and a TeX Live maintainer
proposed a solution used there, I was wondering what became of that?

Regards, Thomas

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2010-06/msg00064.html
--
Thomas Jahns
HD(CP)^2

Deutsches Klimarechenzentrum GmbH
Bundesstraße 45a • D-20146 Hamburg • Germany

Phone: +49 40 460094-151
Fax: +49 40 460094-270
Email: Thomas Jahns <***@dkrz.de>

GeschÀftsfÌhrer: Prof. Dr. Thomas Ludwig
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 39784