Clean rebuild
Russell Wallace
2016-03-25 02:25:09 UTC
How do you do a clean rebuild, i.e. rebuilding all machine-generated files?
I tried autoconf -i, tried prefixing it with make clean, tried prefixing it
with make distclean, but configure still had an old timestamp, so I tried
manually rm configure, but the newly generated configure is still printing
some debug code that I've deleted from its source file.
Gavin Smith
2016-03-25 08:32:50 UTC
Post by Russell Wallace
How do you do a clean rebuild, i.e. rebuilding all machine-generated files?
I tried autoconf -i, tried prefixing it with make clean, tried prefixing it
with make distclean, but configure still had an old timestamp, so I tried
manually rm configure, but the newly generated configure is still printing
some debug code that I've deleted from its source file.
Another thing to try is "autoreconf -i" or "autoreconf -if".