howto make "make check" verbose in 2.69
Rainer Gerhards
2014-07-04 08:01:17 UTC
Hi all,

I use autoconf's "make check" feature in rsyslog. The tests provide verbose
output, which I used to track down problems if the test fails.
Unfortunately, in 2.69 I do no longer see this output, just a simple
"[FAIL]" or "[OK]" message for the test -- like in a silent build. I've now
searched how to get the verboseness back, but I couldn't find a solution.

Can anyone lend me a helping hand?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Rainer
Eric Blake
2014-07-04 13:10:42 UTC
Post by Rainer Gerhards
Hi all,
I use autoconf's "make check" feature in rsyslog. The tests provide verbose
output, which I used to track down problems if the test fails.
Unfortunately, in 2.69 I do no longer see this output, just a simple
"[FAIL]" or "[OK]" message for the test -- like in a silent build. I've now
searched how to get the verboseness back, but I couldn't find a solution.
Actually, that's a symptom of automake, not autoconf. You may get
better answers on that list.
Post by Rainer Gerhards
Can anyone lend me a helping hand?
Reading the automake docs:
https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Scripts_002dbased-Testsuites
one possibility is to manually tell automake that you want the older
serial testsuite harness instead of its newer default parallel harness.
--
Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266
Rainer Gerhards
2014-07-04 13:24:29 UTC
Post by Rainer Gerhards
Can anyone lend me a helping hand?
https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/automake.html#Scripts_002dbased-Testsuites
one possibility is to manually tell automake that you want the older
serial testsuite harness instead of its newer default parallel harness.
excellent, thanks a lot. "Parallel" is even worse here, as the tests cannot
be run in parallel. All works well with the serial-tests option. For
follow-up questions (if any), I'll ponder the automake list.

Thanks again,
Rainer